My 365 day journey from single to forever... not a catalog of dates and internet idiots...
looking inside myself to make the changes I need to make to become a better person.

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Day 60 - Be careful what you ask for...


I know, I know, I have been gone a long time in blog days. For the last week or so I have tried to sit down and write, but just don't seem to have the time I used to have.

When I started this blog, I called it 365 Days to Forever because I was intent on making sure that my life, in one year's time, would be very different than it was when I started the blog. I even joked to friends that maybe I should book a church for next year just in case this whole things works out... of course, I hadn't even met NG yet at that point.


"Change; we don’t like it, we fear it, but we can't stop it from coming. We either
adapt to change or we get left behind. And it hurts to grow, anybody who tells
you it doesn’t is lying. But here's the truth...the more things change,
the more they stay the same. And sometimes, oh, sometimes
change is good. Oh, sometimes, change is...everything." -Grey's Anatomy


So, I am 60 days in and have 305 days to go... My life is so different now that I wouldn't have believed it two months ago.

I am now living an hour away from where I used to be. (Believe me, I resisted strongly for awhile... but it really is just 'right' for us.) I now have six children instead of four. I've doubled my number of dogs and fish tanks as well.

The main difference though? I wake up happy to be where I am. I wake up feeling safe and secure. I wake up with a smile on my face... and it usually lasts a full few minutes before I hear children running and screaming at each other upstairs... and amazingly, I'm still happy to be here.

ealing with the screaming and antagonizing? Well, that's a post for another day... hopefully soon.






1 comment:

  1. Lol. Congratulations on your new-found happiness. You deserve it. I hope everything continues to go well.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete