My 365 day journey from single to forever... not a catalog of dates and internet idiots...
looking inside myself to make the changes I need to make to become a better person.

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Day 70- Real Life Begins



Tomorrow is the first day of school this year for the six children in this house who I love and can't wait to send away 8 hours every day. Seriously though...

I have glorious plans for the hours that they will be gone. These plans include cleaning a bit, showering, getting dressed for the day, and writing, writing, writing. I also plan on pre-preparing foods like noodles and freezing them. I'd like to get some more moving, unpacking, and rearranging done soon as well.

On one hand, while I know enough to know that I probably won't get to all of those things every day, I do have an incredible hope within me that things will be much better here than they were where I was last year... mainly because I am not doing it alone.

Today I cut NG's hair for him. I don't think I did half bad... We'll see what he says next time I offer to cut it...




Our house is coming together bit by bit and tomorrow I will probably spend a lot of time putting everyone's clothes away in their closets. For the first time tonight, every one of the children is sleeping in a bed! Yay!

I really want to make sure I keep writing here. I think this journey we are all on is going to teach us more than we can imagine and change us in ways we can't dream of. I am so excited to be starting a new chapter of my life with all of these children and the man that I love.

P.S. I had a great birthday yesterday and I can't wait to tell you all about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment