My 365 day journey from single to forever... not a catalog of dates and internet idiots...
looking inside myself to make the changes I need to make to become a better person.

Friday, July 8, 2011

Day 25- Time Flies!


I can't believe I missed posting two days in a row! The last couple of days have been very busy and I was away from my computer a lot.

That guy that I broke my rule for and went out and had a coke with last weekend? Well, he invited me to come out to the river with his family ... I had a really great time. They all love me and the new guy (NG) is, from what I can tell, smitten. It really is adorable. And I mean, of course he would be, right? Because I am pretty awesome (some days).

But now I am conflicted... because i never meant to get back into dating at all right now. I totally feel the need to do some things on my own and stand on my own two feet and be confident in my own abilities. However, I kind of like this guy and don't want to push him away...

The other night NG kissed me and told me I am beautiful. It was awesome...

But the thought ran through my head shortly after that the ex that I refer to as HIM on here, never told me I was beautiful... and then I wondered if the very fact that HE was in my head at that moment means that I'm not ready for whatever else was going on...

NG and I also talked a little bit about the long term implications of us... our kids and his new house, etc... It was a little scary.

The last time I had conversations like that I had been with HIM for a couple of years already... and it ended in a mess. So talking about that stuff after a couple of days? I don't know... maybe I'm biting off more than I can chew... or maybe I should push myself away from the table altogether.

No... I don't know if I like that idea either.



Each relationship nurtures a strength or weakness within you.
- Mike Murdock


1 comment:

  1. I'm not surprised you found a New Guy at all. Usually, if you determine not to find another guy because you're sick of the lot or don't feel up to dealing with it, a really, really good one comes along. You can't turn the good thing down, just because some jerk did you dirty in the past.

    I wouldn't, anyway.

    Just as an FYI, the more you talk in these posts, the less OG is mentioned. NG might be what you needed all along, whether or not it works out in the long-term.

    Hope you have a fabulous time with him and find all the happiness you deserve! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete