My 365 day journey from single to forever... not a catalog of dates and internet idiots...
looking inside myself to make the changes I need to make to become a better person.

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Day 19- Innocent






A friend of mine who is interested in me was in town today and had some time and asked me to meet him for a Coke. I did. I know... I broke my own rule right?

Anyway... one of the things he has said to me before and again today is that I am "so innocent" and how he doesn't know what to think of that. When I protest, he tells me that there is nothing wrong with being innocent... but I tried to tell him I'm not anyway.

He laughed that I protested so hard and I guess I should just give up.


My ex (HIM) thought that I was an innocent too... and when I would say something or do something he would say that he loved that I was always doing stuff that was shocking. I was always surprising him. But I wonder when it happened that I wasn't surprising him anymore. Is that when he lost interest? I guess it doesn't matter.

What does matter is that I broke my rule about hanging out with men and remembered why I created that rule... because now I'm sitting here thinking about HIM. And it is stupid. I know... because he is likely at his house taking a nice swim around the pool without a care in the world... and definitely none about me.





Anyway, here is a thought for the day...



1 comment:

  1. That cartoon is hilarious! And totally true! That's very funny.

    Lol. I see you read my comment about not knowing if HIM was God or your ex. Well, I wouldn't worry about it. I always figured it out eventually, and if HIM makes you more comfortable, that's what you should use.

    Don't be too hard on yourself, we all have our weak moments. Be glad this was a relatively harmless one.

    I hope you feel better soon and have a great day! Great video, by the way!

    ReplyDelete