My 365 day journey from single to forever... not a catalog of dates and internet idiots...
looking inside myself to make the changes I need to make to become a better person.

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Day 12- Hit on by an old guy and being a good mom



Today I was selling produce with my mom when an old man came by, leaned way over to whisper in my ear and said "You have the kind of equipment that a man wants to come home to every night." Then he cast a glance down my shirt and moved on. There is nothing like getting hit on by a guy more than twice your age...



On top of everything else I have been dealing with lately, another wrench has been thrown into my plans for our life. I am praying for some good answers, some solid answers... but I don't yet know what I am going to do.

If my oldest, who is brilliant and is being ignored by her school district, has the chance to get a very good education for high school, it would be wrong of me to deny her that, right? So, in order to get her to the city where the better school is, I have two choices. First, I could let her leave my house, give up full custody, and let her live with her father... apart from her siblings. OR I can give up my ideas and dreams for this house that I just bought a few months ago, and the ideas I had about raising the children... and start packing... and find a new house an hour away so that we can all stay together.

Why would I ever choose the former over the latter? I wouldn't.

Which means over the next 353 days I may not only be preparing myself for a new me, a new husband, and a better life... but possibly even a new house and new city and new friends and a new church.

I've always said I would do anything for my kids when it really counted... this would be one of those times when I may have to put a plan into action.



1 comment:

  1. Wow! That's really being a fantastic parent! You must really love your children, to move out of your dream house for them and risk moving to an area that will not be a good fit for you. You have real guts.

    Anyway, I hope the move is going well and that you find the happiness in your new home that you deserve!

    ReplyDelete