My 365 day journey from single to forever... not a catalog of dates and internet idiots...
looking inside myself to make the changes I need to make to become a better person.

Friday, June 17, 2011

Day 4- Resistant Starches & the Carb Lover's Diet



I recently heard about a book called the Carb-Lover's Diet. Because of my money issues right now, I am trying very hard not to buy any new books or gadgets.


I have decided that I can probably find enough information about this lifestyle change (because it is a lifestyle change, not just a diet) online to keep me from having to buy anything. The point is that adding resistant starches to your meal, lowers the amount of calories you intake overall, among other things.

Things I ate today being conscious of my resistant starches:
  • a greenish banana
  • a piece of rye bread
  • garlic hummus

I also bought 18 ears of corn to cut, blanch, and freeze as well as some maize flour and some polenta. I can't wait to update you with my weight loss totals.





Your body is the baggage you must carry through life. The more excess the baggage, the shorter the trip.
Arnold H. Glasgow

No comments:

Post a Comment