My 365 day journey from single to forever... not a catalog of dates and internet idiots...
looking inside myself to make the changes I need to make to become a better person.

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Day 16- Oops

I wrote this last night, but didn't hit post...
(but on a second look I noticed it still posted yesterday's date.. so nevermind. lol)

It hit me today that not only have I gone over 72 hours without bothering about HIM, I have even gone that long without really wanting to talk to him.

I realized today that I need to work harder at some of my goals. I like the diet, but the working out hasn't been top of my list.

Just buying pizza "this one more time" instead of going to the store isn't good enough. Just taking a nap when I know I need to go for a bike ride or do a work out game on the kinect is not going to cut it.

I want to say this too... I have complete faith that God is the reason I will be able to make these changes and make this move and do the things that I need to do over the next year. However, there are two parts of that statement that don't quite go far enough. First, I will be making the changes with His help... but it will still take effort and energy on my part. Secondly, I am relying on prayer... it is an important part of what is happening here.

I fully believe that giving credit to God is an important part of being successful.

2 comments:

  1. Well, I hope you fulfill your hopes and dreams for yourself, but...don't take this the wrong way, but why are you doing this? You sound like an awesome person the way you are.

    Not that I'm against bettering yourself! That's always a great thing, but...you just seem to really think that you're not good enough the way you are (and if I'm wrong, just tell me to shut up), and I think you're freaking fantastic! The way you dropped everything for your kids was just plain incredible. Do you know how few people would actually do that?

    I might be totally out of line here (in which case, I'm totally sorry), but I think you sound like a beautiful person right now, no improvement required. Of course, it's your life, and you should live it however you want.

    I sound very mixed up, don't I? I hope I haven't offended you. Like I said, I think you're fantastic. The only problem I see, is that you don't seem to believe in yourself enough. Is that what you're striving to find? Belief in oneself? Well, you should believe in yourself, because you obviously have a great personality and a beautiful mind.

    Anyway, now that I've completely invaded your personal space and given my unasked-for opinion, I hope you have a great day and find all the answers to your questions. And, again, sorry if I offended.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, thanks for all of that. I will not tell you to shut up at all! I do, however, think that the reply to your comment deserves its own post! I'm off to post now!

    :-)

    ReplyDelete