My 365 day journey from single to forever... not a catalog of dates and internet idiots...
looking inside myself to make the changes I need to make to become a better person.

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Day 3 - Being Financially Ready


As a single mom and a freelance writer, you can imagine that money is sometimes tight. However, I had been doing a pretty good job of keeping everything under control. I even built my credit score back up to near 700.

Then came the break-up. Have you ever heard people say that shopping is cheaper than a therapist? It isn't.

I have some new clothes, a new bed, a new mattress, new kitchen cabinets and walls, new pots and pans, 30 extra pounds, and a few other things... oh yeah and a new credit score of 630.

In order to stop the cycle of borrowing, repaying, being overdrawn, paying fees, and having to borrow again, I decided to borrow all of it at once (at a sickeningly high interest rate) and dig myself out. Now, I have to focus on paying back this loan as quickly as possible.

I know that if I want a man who is going to be financially responsible, that I need to be as well. Hopefully careful planning will get me there.

I take that back in part. I strongly believe in tithing and I have to admit that I stopped tithing when I started over-spending and over-charging. It is not just planning that will get me where I need to be.
~~~ <3 <3 <3 ~~~

Note to my future husband: Wherever you are right now and whatever you are doing, know that I am doing this for me, but I am doing this for you as well. You deserve the me that is the most awesome me I can be. I know it sounds cheesy with that rhyming alliteration in there... I hope it made you smile. I love silly-cheesiness and making people laugh.




Wouldst thou shut up the avenues of ill,
Pay every debt as if God wrote the bill.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments:

Post a Comment